A revolution is taking place with physical security for buildings and campuses. Smart locks managed via the network are replacing traditional mechanical locks and bringing great benefits in terms of safety, security, flexibility, lower costs, and better data tracking. But along with tremendous benefits come challenges and potential pitfalls to be avoided. The good news is that with foresight, good planning, and thoughtful implementation a successful implementation can be assured.
This seminar will describe the state of the technology in smart locks for commercial buildings and campuses, including the dramatic new benefits. We’ll show you the basics in planning for network-based smart locks, including the network infrastructure requirements.
What you’ll learn:
- The pros and cons of network-based locks
- How to plan for retrofit or new building installations
- Making the most of the new data available from smart lock systems
- Network trade-offs effecting lock performance
- Important factors to optimize smart lock network behavior
- Customer case experience migrating to and managing smart locks