Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, PNC Arena is an enclosed sports and entertainment venue that seats approximately 20,000 people, and consists of 3 concourses, 59 private suites, 13 loge boxes, and 1,660 club seats. The space is primarily the home to professional NHL (National Hockey League) team the Carolina Hurricanes, as well as the men’s basketball team from North Carolina State University, who plays in NCAA’s Division I college athletics league. Because of its’ excellent customer service, accommodating staff, and well-kept facilities PNC Arena is already known for having a highly-rated fan and guest experience. Despite the venue’s excellent reviews, the arena acknowledged there was still room to augment the guest experience even more: providing guests with high-quality, consistent Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the venue. The Hurricane's were alerted to Extreme from a mutual partner and ultimately chose them to deploy a new network solution.
Results of the new network solution include:
- High-quality Wi-Fi connectivity for guests in-venue
- Ability to easily provision the network event-to-event
- Access to granular network and application analytics
- Alleviate burden of day to day network administration
- Overall augmented mobile experience for venue guests