Many times, as hospital IT departments get ready to create new solutions, they need to choose between various platforms. They think they know the right answer and move ahead with a solution only to find out they made wrong assumptions. Other times, a hospital may schedule a change control outage based on feedback a specific department, such as surgery that says they don’t need the systems after 8pm, then learn that the ICU uses the same systems 24/7. Only by having the right data and the ability to easily check can the hospital IT be certain to make the right decisions. ExtremeAnalytics enables the mining of network-based clinical events and strategic information to help hospital leaders answer questions such as:
- Which apps go to which users? Are the right users taking advantage of our application investments?
- What medical devices are operating on the WLAN? Are we at risk for a compliance violation?
- What platforms are being used? Are clinicians using more workstations on wheels, tablets, or smart phones?
- Do I have a problem with Shadow IT on my network? Are employees using their own devices to access EPR data and potentially compromising security?
- Do you struggle with Information Governance? Do you have a real-time way to map applications to locations to end user?
With the right answers to these questions, hospital IT is empowered to turn the network into a strategic business asset that can now provide information insight to other lines of the hospital.