Hey Extreme Users! Extreme Connect 2018 is just around the corner and we are gearing up to bring you our technology-packed Solutions Demo Hall. Staffed by Extreme solution experts, the Solutions Demo Hall will be open all week long and will be located right off the main registration area in the Hall of State and the Culture Keepers Hall West.
I’ll be getting into what each area includes and why you’ll want to be sure to visit in just a bit, but first I want to highlight a not-to-be-missed event, Wednesday’s Evening Reception, the Solutions Demo Showcase, on April 18th from 6:30-9:30 pm.
What Is Happening During the Solutions Demo Showcase and Why is It Different from the Solutions Demo Hall?
The Solutions Demo Showcase will feature an open bar, giveaways, games, demos, the opportunity to meet with Extreme experts, and it’s the only time where the Fabric Connect Hack-A-Thon is taking place! This is the evening reception on Wednesday, April 18th from 6:30-9:30 pm in the Solutions Demo Hall.
What Will You Find in the Solutions Demo Hall?
As I mentioned earlier, the Solutions Demo Hall will be open all week long, so plan to stop in whenever you have some downtime or in-between sessions. In a nutshell, the Demo Hall will provide a first-hand look at our purpose-built technology solutions – the same agile, adaptive and secure network solutions that are powering everything at Extreme Connect. Here’s what you can expect from each area…
The Culture Keepers Hall West willinclude:
- GTAC Pod: Meet with members of GTAC, learn how to submit tickets and join the HUB Community
- Services & Training and Certifications Pod: Speak with Sales Services and our Education team to learn more about managed services, Extreme Capital Solutions, training and certifications offerings and more.
- Informational Development Group Pod: Stop by and share feedback with the team that writes our product manuals
- Extreme Gift Shop: Buy your Extreme swag! (Only open during certain hours. Credit card only.)
The Hall of State features technology “Pods” that are staffed by Extreme experts discussing all our products and solutions for all the places in the network, including:
- Campus Pod (This is also where the Hack-A-Thon is taking place on Wednesday evening.)
- Management Pod
- Edge Pod
- Data Center Pod
2018 Fabric Connect Hack-A-Thon - What’s So Difficult?
Why Extreme Fabric Connect? Fabric Connect provides for some very formidable boundaries for security and is based purely on Ethernet with no use of IP underlays. Think you can hack it? Everyone is welcome to try, but if you don't feel that you have the skills, stop by anyway to see a demonstration or to watch and learn. If you do think you’re up for the challenge, be sure to watch this video first.
In the video, Ed Koehler explains what’s under the hood that make’s Fabric Connect so difficult to penetrate (which you’ll need to understand if you plan to give it a shot). He provides a summary of what the Hack-A-Thon entails, including:
- Outlining the scenario in place for the Hack-A-Thon
- Explaining what constitutes a successful attack
- Reviewing the rules of the contest and most importantly how to claim the $10,000 grand prize!
This is the only time that the challenge will take place during Extreme Connect, so stop by the Hack-A-Thon/Campus pod during the Solutions Demo Showcase Evening Reception and sign up to participate!
I hope to see you there!
About the Author
Lisa Yeaton is a Digital Content & Communications Marketing Specialist at Extreme Networks. Lisa was previously an intern on the Vertical Solutions Marketing Team. Lisa earned her BSBA and MBA with concentrations in management and marketing from the University of Massachusetts Lowell.Follow on Twitter More Content by Lisa Yeaton