Reduce costs, improve implementation schedules, boost end-user productivity and align IT operations with overall organizational goals. Sound familiar? If you’re an IT manager they do! These objectives are placed on IT managers everywhere, so clearly any technology that contributes to accomplishing these goals should be on the front burner. Wi-Fi based wireless LANs have a long history of enabling IT organizations to cut network expense, and mobility has enabled the workforce – across the entire organization – to become more productive.
To complete the picture, each new generation of Wi-Fi based products add price-performance improvements, explaining all the excitement around Wave 2 of 802.11ac. Wave 2 promises to provide the capacity, and not just the raw throughput, to accommodate essentially any device and traffic mix with greater efficiency, less cost and higher productivity, than has ever been possible before.
This is great news for IT managers, but the problem lies in the fact that the same argument has been made for every new generation of Wi-Fi products. So IT managers today, dealing with the reduced budgets and requirements for ever-greater efficiency that still persist from the recession of almost a decade ago, must seek to understand not just the realities of advances in technology, but even more importantly the business justifications.
In our new eBook, Hype or Ripe: The 5 Essential Elements in the 802.11ac Wave 2 Business Case we will equip you with the information you need for making the case for new investments required to gain the benefits of all that Wave 2 has to offer – and answer why now is the time to plan for those investments.
This eBook explores the 5 key justifications required to build a winning business case for Wave 2, including:
1. Realizing the Benefits of Advanced Wireless Technologies
2. Making the Most of Capital Budgets
3. Minimizing Operating Expenses – IT Operations
4. Maximizing End User Productivity
5. Benefitting from Related Networking Advances
And highlights the features that deliver real benefits for your IT organization:
- 1.7 Gbps aggregate throughput and multi-user MIMO that simply aren’t available in any other generation of Wi-Fi products
- Advances in price/performance and seamless integration with existing installations that easily deflate any concerns regarding capital expense
- Productivity improvements for both IT staff and end-users, lower operating costs, minimizing TCO and maximizing ROI
- Additional network capabilities in switching, management, analytics, security and even SDN work synergistically with Wave 2, optimizing the business case even further.
The bottom line is that the new 802.11ac Wave 2 standard is not just technology hype. Wave 2 provides quantifiable business benefits that are ripe for the picking and by registering to download our new eBook you’ll have everything you need to justify your upgrade to Wave 2.
The post How To Build A Winning Business Case for 802.11ac Wave 2 [eBook] appeared first on Extreme Networks.